I finally found the time to strip down and rebuild my laptop over the weekend and surprisingly enough I got it all working again 🙂
I did have a few problems getting it working though. I ended up disconnecting everything on the motherboard except the processor, removing just about every screw in the damn thing, removing the motherboard entirely and finally wiping all the case down with baby wipes before putting it all back together. Damn that tea gets sticky 😦
I’ve already written a Hardware Primer Tutorial and nearly finished making one for people wanting to replace their keyboards. The photo’s might not be the best at the moment, but I plan on taking the laptop apart again to replace the broken screen cable in the next week or so anyway. I’ll update them before posting the finished tutorials on the site.
It’s been a great day 😀